The Seed Fund Successful Applicants Announced!
After intense deliberation over some months we are so proud to announce this years SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS…
Our focus this year has been on integrating the artist’s experience into the management world – to that end we invited artists who have external management to apply – alongside artist managers and self managed artists. We had an incredibly overwhelming response to the call out and received 320+ applications. Our usual capacity is 25 but this year we absolutely had to extend it to 33, the competition was tough!
Our selection process ensures we include a diverse range of backgrounds, genres of music, level of experience and geographical locations.
Read on to hear about this awesome bunch AND another opportunity from our friends at MPRO…
HUGE Congratulations to the successful applicants from WA!
- Amber Fresh (Rabbit Island) is a beloved artist in the Western Australian music scene and over the last ten years has released 2 exceptionally praised studio albums, and cult-loved home recordings. Amber also writes arts and music reviews, interviews and articles for sixthousand.com, coolperthnights.com and Drum Media amongst others. Self Managed, WA
- Ashlyn Koh has managed FOAM for the last 6 years, in this time they have toured Australian 5 times, released 4 EPs and 1 album. Ashlyn recently joined FOAM as the 4th performing member on keys/synth and backing vocals. She also manages CALMLY, FKA and Childsaint and plays drums in CALMLY. Self Managed, WA
- Perth singer-songwriter Bri Clark surfaced in early 2015 on the waves of her debut single ‘Never Far Enough’. Receiving national airplay, the track was nominated for WAM Song of the Year for 2015/16. Bri was shortlisted for the 2018 Vanda and Young songwriting competition and has a 5-track EP due out in early 2019. Self Managed, WA
- Hayley Ayres began her career booking shows for mates which quickly escalated to being employed as a venue booker. Hayley is a touring musician who established 360 Artist Logistics offering events crewing services as well as artist management services. 360 management and bookings roster currently represents Melody Pool, Timothy Nelson, The Floors, Demon Days, Your Girl Pho, Jacob Diamond and Jamilla. Manager, WA
- Josh Cutler performs with WAM-winning Dan Howls, programs live music at the four Clancy’s Fish Pub venues and in his spare time runs an artist services business, Catalyst Music. Josh manages two artists, Unearthed Falls Fest 2018 winner Elli Schoen and Dunsborough wunderkind Brayden Sibbald.Manager, WA.
- Paige Trantham performs under the moniker Valentine Music and has teamed up with producer Joel Quartemain, Valentine has started producing the work that will define her. Though still early in her career, Valentine is already a five-time WAM nominee and Vanda & Young International Song Competition finalist. Self Managed, WA
- Tanya Ransom is a soulful folk blues and alt country artist based in Broome, WA who for the last 6 years has been focused on managing her solo career, playing festivals and touring nationally. Tanya’s sophomore album ‘The Art of Departing’ received a string of WAM nominations. Self Managed, WA
MPRO Music Offer
We want to empower all of you artists and artist managers in anyway we can to keep doing what you are doing and get your music out there far and wide so, we have teamed up with our friends at MPRO Music to offer you one years free subscription. We think MPRO is a great new management tool, a web app for artist management with step by step guides, interactive budgets, email templates, resources and more.
Signup at MPRO.
After your 7 day free trial use this coupon: 1YOFHAPPINESS to get your 1 year of free membership. No credit card required. Nice!
Join the community at mpromusichq
Connect with us