2018 Ticket Attendance & Revenue Report
On December 3 2019 Live Performance Australia released their 2018 Ticket Attendance and Revenue Report. Produced annually since 2004, the Ticket Attendance and Revenue Report is the most comprehensive and reliable survey of ticket sales and attendance for Australian live performance events.
Key Highlights for Western Australia, Contemporary Music and Festivals (Contemporary Music are detailed below:
- Between 2017 and 2018, revenue grew by 7.5% to $211.4 million and attendances grew by 6.5% to 2.8 million
- On average, every Western Australian spent $81.12 on tickets to see live events
- The most popular events in terms of attendance were Contemporary Music, Festivals (MultiCategory) and Musical Theatre
- The events that generated the most revenue were Contemporary Music, Musical Theatre and Comedy
- In 2018, the Contemporary Music category recorded its highest levels of ticket sales revenue ($1.1 billion) and attendance (10.1 million)
- There was 32.2% growth in revenue and 19.2% growth in attendance between 2017 and 2018
- The majority of states and territories experienced growth in both revenue and attendance
- The Contemporary Music category holds the largest market share of the industry, contributing 50.5% of revenue and 38.1% of attendances in 2018
- In 2018, the average ticket price was $117.77 which is 11.4% higher than in 2017
Festivals (Contemporary Music)
- In 2018, over 975,000 people attended Festivals (Contemporary Music) events, generating over $102.0 million from ticket sales
- Ticket sales revenue increased by 1.3% and attendance increased by 14.4% between 2017 and 2018
- The average ticket price also increased slightly (3.9%) to $131.58
- Queensland and South Australia experienced the largest growth in revenue and attendance between 2017 and 2018. The ACT also experienced growth in revenue and attendance
- New South Wales was the key market in which ticket sales and attendance were generated from Festival (Contemporary Music) event
To find out more about Live Performance Australia click here.
To see the full Report click here.
Connect with us