WA Music Conference 2015Get Tickets
Ticket Prices: $190 for WAM members (email firstname.lastname@example.org for discount code) | $230 non-members.
More information: Visit Website
As part of this year’s WAM Festival presented by Alcohol. Think Again, the WA Music Conference is the must-attend event for everyone from band members to producers, managers, students, industry professionals, bookers, soundies and music fans. This year WAM’s stepping up the game and offering unprecedented value, the benefits worth the cost of guaranteed extras and exclusive opportunities alone! Thanks also to the support of the Perth Theatre Trust, this year’s Conference will be held at the State Theatre Centre of Western Australia, utilising state of the art facilities in The Studio Underground, Foyer and additional rooms.
Due to WA Music Conference presales setting new records, we’re psyched to give it straight back to attendees by expanding our initial promises from 40 to a massive 64 music industry heavyweight speakers now confirmed to captivate, inspire and educate audiences over the two-day event. As below, we’re excited to announce 36 new speakers to complete the line-up, including a heap more east coast and international music leaders expanding the WA Music Conference to the most power-packed yet. This will offer a dynamic environment for audiences to engage with the all-star cast from Australia and beyond in panel sessions, one-on-one meetings and networking sessions (including the debut Quay Note Boat Party). Also included will be rare opportunities to pitch your music to radio programmers from triple j, Double j, triple j Unearthed, Triple R and RTRFM.
We’re also pleased to reveal Noisey/Vice Music’s Fred Pessaro from NYC will be doing a keynote address on the future of music media and journalism, and panel topics and one-on-ones will cover everything from practical masterclasses in publishing, synching, legals, tax, touring, marketing, streaming, apps, social media, recording, publicity, showcasing, radio and how to start a music business, to more thought-provoking and candid discussions on the changing face of music festivals, what makes artists exciting/‘cool’, the state versus music and more.
Yet with very limited Moshtix-presented Quay Note Boat Party and TheMusic.com.au-presented WA Music Awards guaranteed free benefits remaining, hopefuls best get their hurry on…
CLICK IMAGE TO DOWNLOAD FULL PROGRAM!
WAM FESTIVAL IS PRESENTED BY ALCOHOL. THINK AGAIN. PROUDLY SUPPORTED BY THE CITY OF PERTH & LOTTERYWEST.
ALL PARTNERS HERE.
SPEED DATING SESSIONS NOW OPEN!
With 64 music industry experts from all over the world now confirmed, WAM is excited to announce that exclusive speed dating sessions have been confirmed as part of the WA Music Conference, and there are speakers from all kinds of industry backgrounds here to help ticket holders and their music careers by providing FREE unique one-on-one advice on your latest music endeavors.
Register at the link below before 4pm Friday 30 October for your chance to secure expert advice on your top three areas of interest, first in first picks! Otherwise the remaining registrations will be taken in person at the conference.
CONFERENCE PANELS OUTLINE!
Whilst the full WAM Festival Official Program will be out soon, we thought we’d reveal the sessions planned to give you an idea of what’s to come at the WA Music Conference, the must-attend event for everyone from band members to producers, managers, students, industry professionals, bookers, soundies and music fans. With 14 panels to choose from, it’s time to start planning – or buy the last few tickets remaining to secure your place at the learning opportunities below.
- Adam Christou (Music Director, RTRFM)
- Adam Montgomery (Booker, 123 Agency – VIC)
- Adam Weston (Co-Founder, Firestarter Music/Drummer, Birds of Tokyo – QLD)
- Andrew Fuller (Manager, New Action Management/My Entertainment Lawyer – VIC)
- Andrew Mathwin (Team Lead – Communications Strategy, Clarity Communications – WA) *
- Andy Gumley (Booking Agent, Village Sounds - NSW)
- Andy Vincent (Manager of Label Relations, Spotify – NSW)
- Andy Jarvis (Lecturer, CIT/Performer, Catzilla/The Isolites/Bang Bang Betty & The H-Bombs)
- Anna Laverty (Producer, Engineer, Mixer – VIC)
- Anton Maz (Marketing Manager, WAAPA/Co-Founder Death Disco)
- Archie Hamilton (Managing Director, Split Works, China)
- Blake Rayner (International & Domestic Licensing Manager and A&R Manager, Dew Process – NSW)
- Bourby Webster (Director, North Street Music)
- Christina Ballico (Research Consultant, WAM/Academic & Lecturer, Various Universities)
- Claire Hodgson (Industry Development Officer, WAM)
- Clive Hodson (Director, Perfect Pitch Publishing - NSW)
- Coel Healy (Co-Founder, Camp Doogs)
- Damian Cunningham (Director of Audience and Sector Development, Live Music Office – NSW)
- Dan Cribb (Editor, TheMusic.com.au)
- Dave Chitty (Director, Sunset Events)
- Dave Ruby Howe (Director, triple j Unearthed – NSW)
- David Hyams (Producer/Composer/Miles To Go Music)
- Edwin Tehrani (Booking Agent, New World Artists - NSW)
- Fred Pessaro (Editor in Chief, NOISEY, Vice; NYC, USA)
- Garth Carwardine (Manager, Spinning Top / Co-Management, Tame Impala)
- Harley Evans (Managing Director, Moshtix; Board Member, Music Victoria - NSW)
- Jacinta Parsons (Assistant Music Director, Local Radio/Double J – NSW)
- Jacob Snell (Head of Business Development, Monster Management)
- Jamie Burnett (Drive Presenter, 720 ABC Perth)
- Janelle Morse (Director, Morse Code PR)
- Joe Algeri (Director, Altus Planning & Appeals / Performer, The JAC)
- John Mullen (Head of A&R and Executive Producer, Dew Process & Create/Control – QLD) *
- John Wardle (Policy Director, Live Music Office - NSW)
- Justin Sweeting (Artist Voice Asia / Clockenflap / Proper Job Ltd / Magnetic Asia Ltd – Hong Kong)
- Kyle Gleadell (Founder, Helta Skelta Records)
- Kylie Thompson (Director, Sorrento Strategic Accounting – WA) *
- Lance Robinson (Artist Liaison, A&R Department)
- Larry Heath (Editor-in-Chief, The AU Review / Founder, Heath Media – NSW)
- Maggie Collins (triple j / BIGSOUND / Fans Creative Management – NSW)
- Marcus Thaine (Manager of Label Relations, Spotify – NSW)
- Michael Szumowski (Head of Creative Development, Alberts - NSW)
- Michael Tucak (Founder, creative | legal)
- Mike O’Hanlon (Business Owner & Developer, Hipflask/Founder, The Bird)
- Mike Harris (CEO, WAM)
- Millie Millgate (Executive Producer, Sounds Australia - NSW)
- Nick Findlay (Assistant Music Director, triple j - NSW)
- Noah Shilkin (Owner, Sonic Lolly)
- Pat McLaughlin (WA Concert & Event Representative, APRA I AMCOS / Sugar Army)
- Pete Guazzelli (Project Officer, Contemporary Music, Department of Culture and the Arts)
- Phaedra Watts (Artistic Director, Nannup Music Festival)
- Predrag Delibasic (Performer, SMRTS / Zerodent)
- Rosco Stewart (Ex-Chief Administration Officer, Big Day Out & Soundwave via Altered State)
- Sammy Shirra-Moore (Festival Director, Music Matters Live / Regional Talent Manager, YouTube FanFest Branded – Singapore)
- Sarah Chipman (Owner, Title Track - QLD)
- Sarah Tout (Head of Training, RTRFM)
- Scott Adam (Principal Lecturer Events and Hospitality/Lecturer Music Business, CIT)
- Simon Winkler (Music Coordinator, Triple R - VIC)
- Susan Cotchin (Director, International Royalties Rescue – VIC)
- Tim Kelly (Managing Director, Inertia – NSW)
- Tomás Ford (Artist)
- Troy Mutton (Editor, Pilerats)
- Yvette Myhill (Executive Director, Association of Artist Managers/AAM – NSW)
- Zac Nichols (Entertainment Strategy Manager, X-Press Magazine – WA) *
- Aarom Wilson (Marketing & Communications Officer, WAM / Director, Aaromedia)
PASSES INCLUDE FREE:
► Entry to the exclusive industry-only Quay Note Boat Party, presented by partners Moshtix and featuring Coin Banks & Pilerats DJs*
► Exclusive opportunities to pitch your songs to Australia’s leading radio programmers (including from triple j, Triple R and RTRFM)
► Multiple 1-on-1 networking sessions (including with east coast booking agents, publishers, publicists, labels & more)
► Entry to the WA Music Awards*
► Entry into all ticketed/door sales WAM Festival Showcases
► Priority entry into all venues when at capacity, including the Block Party
► Access to all WA Music Conference panels and keynotes, held at State Theatre Centre of WA (with thanks to Perth Theatre Trust)
► Focused learning experiences from 55+ leading music industry professionals, with an increased proportion of east coast and international representation
*Subject to availability due to limited capacity.
EARLYBIRD TICKETS ► EXHAUSTED
Til 5pm Fri 25 Sept from Ticketek (or til allocation exhausted): $140 (plus booking & credit card fees) for WAM members | $180 (+ booking & credit card fees) non-members.
SECOND RELEASE ►
Til 5pm Thurs 5 Nov from Ticketek: $190 for WAM members | $230 non-members.
After 5pm Thurs 5 Nov: $250 from Ticketek (subject to availability)
WAM/AMIN Members please email email@example.com for your discount code