WAM Song Of The Year deadline extended to this coming THURSDAY + more judges announced
Championing, promoting and discovering WA songwriters of all ages, genres and levels of experience, WA music artists, bands and producers will be relieved to hear the WAM Song Of The Year has had its entry deadline extended. Now strictly due 11.59PM this coming Thursday 16 February, this will be acts’ last chance to win over $40,000 worth of prizes on offer!
On top of the huge Grand Prize, there are 16 categories covering all musical genres (with songs also allowed to be entered into multiple relevant genre categories), each offering winners a $500 cash prize and free studio recording time with WA’s best.
Entries are judged anonymously and independently to ensure great songwriting shines no matter the achievements, cred etc of acts. We’re pleased to announce more judges, now totaling over 60 industry expert judges (including 21 international/east coast judges), all looking forward to being exposed to fresh WA talent. These include music directors, heads and representatives from the likes of triple j (NSW), Music Row Voice (US), The Right Profile (NSW), Branded (SINGAPORE), Music Insight, Dog Park Records, JAZZWA, Pirate 88, Gun Fever Music and many more, plus music legend Dave Hole joining previously announced judges from the likes of Pilerats, Spotify, TheMusic.com.au, Source Music, Parenthèses Records, The Orchard, RTRFM, X-Press Magazine, Firestarter Music, Perfect Pitch Publishing, Maric Media, Nannup Music Festival, Monster Management, Rotunda Media plus more announced soon.
FULL LIST OF JUDGES ANNOUNCED SO FAR:
If you win a category you’ll also have the chance to be crowned this year’s Song Of The Year Grand Prize winner, walking away with a huge prize package including:
- $3,000 cash
- a three-day recording and production session with one of Australia’s most high profile producers, Anna Laverty
- the opportunity for a publishing & sync licensing deal with Perfect Pitch Publishing, plus an online tutorial in publishing and licensing and ongoing industry mentoring
- 12-month Spotify subscriptions for you and your fellow songwriters
- a National Media Servicing campaign for a single or release through Firestarter Distribution
- a RØDE microphone package
- expert promo & radio plugging assessment and consultation from renown Sydney-based publicist, John Zucco, from The Right Profile
- $1,100 towards your next CD pressing plus one year’s worth of digital distribution from Diskbank
- a state-of-the-art Audiofly in-ear monitors package valued at $1,200
- a Cool Perth Nights “gold pass” providing free entry to all Cool Perth Nights events at Mojo’s Bar, Four5Nine, Babushka and the Rosemount Hotel for a one month period of your choice
- a guaranteed prime spot on the 2017 WAMFest line-up
16 CATEGORY PRIZES
Covering all genres, there are 16 categories, each offering winners:
- a $500 cash prize
- studio time with WA’s best, as follows:
- Artisan – Folk
- Blackbird Studio – Experimental
- Crank Recording – Jazz
- Debaser Studio – Pop
- Foxhole Studios – Outstanding Indigenous
- Fremantle Records – Country
- Poons Head Studios – Rock
- Rada Studios – World
- Shake Down Studio – Urban/Hip Hop
- Shanghai Twang Studios – Blues/Roots
- Sonic Lolly – Outstanding Regional
- Sumo Sound – Heavy/Metal
- Templeman Audio – Punk/Hardcore
- Tone City Recording Studio – Electronic
- Underground Studios – 15-17 Schools
- Vision Studios – Schools 14 and Under
Lastly, a reminder songs don’t need to be professionally recorded – they can be unreleased songs or demos that acts are hoping to have professionally recorded. As long as it’s a great song then it’s in with a chance to win. And with so much on offer for WA-based songwriters, there’s really no better way to get career-propelling recognition and prizes for your songs than to enter this year’s WAM Song Of The Year!
Category Sponsors: Badlands Bar, Country Music Club of Boyup Brook WA, Cool Perth Nights/Mojos, Clancy’s Fish Pub Fremantle, Fairbridge Festival, Nannup Music Festival, Noongar Radio, Sunset Events, The Ellington Jazz Club.
Studio Sponsors: Artisan Music, Blackbird Studio, Crank Recording, Debaser Studio, Foxhole Studios, Fremantle Recording Studios, Poons Head Studios, Rada Studios, Shake Down Studio, Shanghai Twang Studios, Sonic Lolly, Sumo Sound, Templeman Audio, Tone City Recording Studio, Underground Studios, Vision Studios.