Toyota Star Maker Entires Now Open
Entries for the 40th Toyota Star Maker are now open. Australia’s most significant and longest running, search for a new country music star.
Star Maker has been a crucial launching pad for some of Australia’s biggest country music stars including Keith Urban, Lee Kernaghan, James Blundell, Travis Collins, Kylie Sackley, Beccy Cole, Sam McClymont (The McClymonts), Darren Coggan, Lyn Bowtell, Kirsty Lee Akers, and Kaylee Bell.
In 2019, the competition will reach an extraordinary milestone – 40 years of impacting the Australian country music industry.
Star Maker is looking for someone who is over 18, already making a considerable impression in country music, and has the greatest potential to take advantage of the opportunities offered through the competition. The ideal applicant is someone who has the country music x-factor; is driven and articulate; motivated and talented and someone who lives country music.
HOW TO APPLY
This year applications can be made Here. Entries close on 1 October 2018. A judging panel will choose the top 10 who will perform at the 40th Grand Final on Sunday 20 January 2019 in Toyota Park, Tamworth on the first weekend of the Toyota Country Music Festival.
The prize package includes:
- Use of the title 40th Toyota Star Maker 2019;
- 12 months use of a brand new, fully-serviced Toyota motor vehicle;
- A fuel card for the length of reign;
- Return air flight including 4-nights accommodation for one to Nashville for the CMA
- Festival in June 2019 courtesy of Chris Watson Travel.
- Photographic portfolio with Andrew Pearson Photography Tamworth;
- A Maton acoustic guitar;
- Fender products;
- Products from Jands Australia;
- A recording session with Australia’s top musicians and producer;
- Recording, distribution and promotion of a four-track EP;
- Production of two professional video clips by an award-winning director;
- 12 months media promotion in Australia’s only monthly country music magazine Country Music Capital News;
- Full colour promotional material including posters, a pull-up and more;
- Direct and personal introductions to industry based on the organiser’s 40-years history;
- Guidance and support by HSF Artist Services;
- Media promotion including radio, print and television;
- Hair and make-up styling by Plush Hair Designs & Make-up of Tamworth for photographic portfolio;
- A designated list of events for Toyota;
- Guaranteed paid performances at a designated list of festivals and events;
- A guaranteed paid performance with Tamworth’s Wests Entertainment Group;
- A guaranteed performance with The Pub Group.
Toyota Star Maker is organised and promoted by Tamworth Regional Council, publishers of Country Music Capital News and the Official Guide To The Tamworth Country Music Festival.