Sounds Of The Goldfields 2016 – Highlights
Header picture: Kado Muir & LYC Crew
“…the Goldfields’ night of nights” – Sarah Vasey, GWN7
Last month saw the launch of the latest in our Sounds Of series, Sounds Of The Goldfields. Held at the Goldfields Art Centre, the launch celebrated the incredible talent that exists in this vast region. This was a HUGE success, as this year’s featured artists performed to a SOLD OUT audience, with 800 cd’s leaving within the hands of a buzzing 700 strong crowd. A memorable and fantastic time had by all.
A massive thanks to all who supported and attended the night, marking the 8th Sounds Of release for WAM. Special mention to the Tjuntjuntjara Community for all their support and for traveling a whopping 700km through dirt and non-existent roads, to support local act The Desert Stars, and celebrate with us on the night.
“Sounds Of The Goldfields is a testament to WAM’S dedication to championing WA Music” – Melanie Henley Manager Corporate Affairs, Brookfield Rail
Huge shout out and thank you to all the media that covered and attended the night.
Check out these news features:
- GWN7 for their video coverage of launch, click here to view .
- Kalgoorlie Miner where you can find an article about the projects recording here.
- Boom Radio for featuring the Sounds Of The Goldfields as their feature album for June/July, click here find out what Boom had to say about the CD.
- ABC WA, where you can hear Darren Foster’s interview and live performance with Bec Curtin ABC WA here.
Also WAM would like to extend big thank you to Melissa Drummond, for photographing the launch. Visit WAM’s Facebook to check out all the snaps of the night.
The success of Sounds Of The Goldfields has seen some truly outstanding results for the Goldfields region, WAM, WA music and for the original musicians involved. Many of the artists featured on the compilation have had their careers boosted forward through their introduction to media and a greater audience. Project participants Jennifer Renee, The China Blue Experiment and Marcus McGuire will hit the stage at the upcoming E13 Sessions.
For more information click here
“This … will enrich the culture of our region in untold ways.” – Carol Mann, Executive Officer Regional Development Australia, Goldfields Esperance
To get a copy of the Sounds Of The Goldfields you can;
- Pick up a physical copy from the Goldfields Arts Centre,
- From the WAM office (limited number of copies for non WAM members)
- Listen to it on Soundcloud, and even download some of the tracks for free!
To all the project partners of Sounds Of The Goldfields: Celebrate WA, BHP Biliton, Brookfield Rail, Regional Development Australia Goldfields Esperance, the City of Kalgoorlie- Boulder, and Sound Town; and to all Sounds Of The Goldfields launch event partners Goldfields Arts Centre, and Rydges Hotel Kalgoorlie. Thank you, for all of your support.