RTRFM announces Radiothon 2017
RTRFM have just announced their annual Radiothon for 2017, with the theme ‘Share the Love’ running from August 11-20. Radiothon is a 10-day fundraising drive, which takes place every August. The donations received from generous listeners during the event are vital to the maintenance of the station, and make up 30% of it’s annual operating income. It is through this continued support that RTRFM can continue to deliver unique programs and events, and remain a high-quality alternative to mainstream radio in Perth.
- first prize is the Clean and Green Package, a 1.5kW home solar package valued at $3000 thanks to our friends at Infinite Energy, plus a stylish electric bike values at $1500 thanks to Solar Bike in Fremantle.
- second prize is The Essential Live Music Pass thanks to Cool Perth Nights, free entry for you and a friend to every Cool Perth Night event for 12 months including gigs at Rosemount Hotel, Mojos Bar, Babushka Leederville and the Fremantle Festival.
- Subscribers also have the chance to win a smorgasbord of other prizes, including all 90 RTRFM Feature albums from the last year and a Hi Fi system from Rhubarb Records, $1000 Tokyo Bike package from William Street Cycle Co, a $1000 to spend at Bivouac for you and 9 mates, a Supreme Pizza Party from Mack Daddy’s Pizza and Mane Liquor, cooking classes for from Salt and Company and a family trip to the Donnelly River Village.
- daily prizes throughout the 10 days of Radiothon.
The proof of Radiothon’s massive impact is evident by the subscriptions and donations generated by Radiothon 2016, which have enabled RTRFM to continue supporting local arts and culture and provided a voice to our community. The last 12 months has seen RTRFM:
- Stage 14 events that showcased over 100 local musicians and artists, including the inaugural Heavenly Bodies as part of Fremantle Festival, Shady Lane, celebrated 25 Years of Underground Solution and Neon Picnic: 40 Years of RTRFM.
- Continued the very successful The View From Here series, expanding into new locations and bands, this year teaming up with City of Fremantle.
- Trained and maintained over 30 news readers to present the RTRFM news during Breakfast and The Mag
- Welcomed two new programs, Midnight Special, Good Times and Get Up Morning.
- They said goodbye to Brain Blood Volume, Nostalgia on Saturdays and Lusophone Beats. We also moved some shows around including All Things Queer, Indymedia and the newly minted Moorditj Mag.
- Program and present over 50 independent programs 24 hours a day, seven days a week with the help of 250 volunteer presenters
- Ran a successful donation drive, $40 for 40 which raised over $30,000.
All of this and more is only achievable through the support of RTRFM’s passionate and loyal listeners, so be sure to tune in!