View Menu

ppca logo small

PPCA funding registration due date approaching

16 Jul

If you are an Australian recording artist whose music is being broadcast or publicly performed, or you hold the copyright in recordings that are receiving airplay, then you may be able to share in license fees collected by PPCA.

PPCA collects license fees from over 70,000 businesses across Australia that play sound recordings and music videos.

Each year, PPCA distributes the license income collected, less administration expenses, to registered Australian recording artists and sound recording copyright owners (usually record labels).

Featured Australian recording artists may be able to share in license fees collected by PPCA under the Artist Direct Distribution Scheme. But it’s essential that you register with PPCA before 31 August 2015 to be eligible for this year’s distribution.

If you are already registered with PPCA, it is important that you notify us of all releases on which you are eligible to claim under the Artist Direct Distribution Scheme before August 31. Record labels do not notify us of artist releases or registrations – this is the artist’s responsibility.

If you have released a recording within the past year and have not lodged your artist registrations, then any income that may have been earned for that release will be paid to your record label.

Registering with PPCA is free and essential and for further information please contact PPCA’s distribution team, they are very happy to help. At the end of 2014, PPCA distributed $32.8M to its registered artists and labels.

About PPCA

PPCA represents thousands of Australian recording artists when their music is used in public. In 2014 PPCA distributed almost $33 million to its registered artists and record labels. Registration for Australian artists is free. For more information contact Adrian Digiacomo, PPCA Communications Manager (02) 8569 1185.

More info here.

Government of Western Australia Department of Culture and The Arts Australian Government

WAM is supported by the State Government through the Department of Culture and the Arts, and is assisted by the Australian Government through the Australia Council, its arts funding and advisory body.