Opportunity: WAMFest Director
COULD YOU BE WAM’S NEXT WAMFEST DIRECTOR?
WAM is looking to engage a visionary director who can see the potential for WAMFest to be a major force in the WA arts and culture calendar and a driving force for the advancement of WA music. The successful applicant will possess the strategic capacity and skills to navigate the progression of an already successful event – WAMFest – into an event with even greater local, national and international significance.
The appointee will have the opportunity to feed their vision into the existing vision for WAMFest and participate in the design of the event.
Core Competencies and Knowledge
1. Proven success in the design and delivery of large scale complex festival events with a significant focus on contemporary music.
2. Exceptional knowledge of the WA contemporary music scene across all genres, ages and including regional areas.
3. In depth knowledge of the issues impacting on contemporary music, and an understanding of pathways to improve the livelihood options of those involved in music in WA.
4. Good relationships with the national and international music industry and the ability to make use of contacts and networks to effect influence.
5. Proven ability to manage budgets, meet deadlines, and prepare and deliver reports
6. Excellent communication skills: written and oral.
7. Proven ability to work both independently and unsupervised as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
How to apply:
Please download and review the festival director brief here.
Please submit a one page (maximum) overview for WAMFest 2019 and how you envisage its transition in 2020 and 2021 specifying your vision, core and secondary event components. As well as two page (maximum) CV demonstrating experience and achievements in relevant and/or similar roles.
To discuss further contact Mike Harris, CEO WAM on 0418240722 | [email protected]
Please submit your expression of interest to [email protected] by close of business Wednesday 27 February 2019