Music Job Opp: GRID Program Assistant
GRID (Grass Roots Indie Development) is an artist development program, supporting emerging musicians around Australia and strengthening communities through music.
This year they will be working with 4 artists from outer suburbs of Perth, providing them with:
- One-on-one mentoring with a manager/publicist to help develop a release plan
- One-on-one songwriting session with an established writer
- Full production of one song
- 2 videos to help them promote their release (1 short profile doco of their time in the program, 1 live performance video)
- A launch show with all 4 artists together within the region that we will be working in
To successfully deliver this program, GRID is searching for a connected, enthusiastic local Program Assistant /Artist Buddy.
Program Assistant / Artist buddy – $25 per hour
The role is to help both the program staff, as well as the program artists, to ensure they are feeling supported throughout the program.
GRID encourage all ideas to be shared and thus are looking for a program assistant who is confident and creative. They are open to applicants from different professional/academic backgrounds outside of working in the music industry.
The successful applicant will be reporting to Ariel Blum and Ayesha Mehta (co-founders).
Roles and responsibilities differ throughout the program but will include:
- Promoting the program through your own networks
- Answering enquiries/questions from potential applicants
- Assisting GRID staff during mentoring sessions and events
- Communicating with artists and staff via email and face-to-face
- Facilitating artist get-togethers
For a full rundown of what the role entails including dates and total fee, download the full position description here.
GRID promotes an environment of inclusivity of all genders, cultural backgrounds and musical styles. They induct our team members around a set of best cultural practices prior to commencing.
If successful you will receive guidelines from GRID and a phone call and meeting to make sure you are feeling comfortable in the role and to answer any questions they may have.
To apply for this position email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com.