Marketing intern wanted at WAM!
Are you a social media gun with a knack for crafting great content on or offline? Put those skills to use in a music industry internship!
WAM runs a great range of programs and events throughout the year, including the infamous WAMFest, WAMAwards, Song of the Year, and regional programs. Without effective marketing and communications behind them, these programs just wouldn’t be possible.
As a Marketing Intern, you will assist with the planning and implementation of marketing and publicity campaigns to help raise awareness for programs and events that support WA artists. You’ll learn how to leverage traditional and digital media to achieve results, and gain valuable hands-on experience in the music industry.
Your tasks may include:
- Developing engaging social media content and posts on platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Assisting with the planning, implementation and tracking of advertising campaigns on social media
- Writing news articles and publishing them through WAM’s website
- Crafting press releases and tracking media coverage
- Sending out e-newsletters
- Organising printing, collateral and signage
- Assisting with the development of marketing and communication strategies and ideas
- And so much more!
The role would be perfect for a creative with strong verbal and written communication skills, a solid understanding of digital platforms (Facebook, Instagram, WordPress, Mailchimp etc.), excellent attention to detail, great problem-solving ability, and an in-depth understanding (and love) of the local music scene.
Ideally, you’ll also have previous marketing experience (or education) and a strong desire to pursue a career in the music industry.
Other skills that aren’t necessary but would definitely come in handy include photography, videography and graphic design.
- Start Date: March 2019
- Location: WAM’s office (Level 1, 58 James Street Northbridge)
- Frequency: 1 day a week (10am – 4pm / 11am – 5pm)
- Duration: 12 months
How to apply:
To apply for this opportunity, please email your resume and CV to our Marketing and Communications Officer Claire Logan at [email protected]. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted mid-February.