Job Opportunity: Regional Program Assistant at WAM
Could you be WAM’s new Regional Program Assistant?
The key role of the Regional Program Assistant is to support our Regional Officer, Nigel Bird, in delivering WAM’s regional projects, with some additional general administration tasks. This is a part-time role (0.4) based in Perth at our office in Northbridge.
The successful applicant will be expected to understand regional artists and the environment they live and create music in. The role may also require the successful applicant to undertake some travel in regional WA and to have a good understanding of the WA contemporary music scene.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Assist with the planning, delivery and coordination of regional recording projects, regional showcases and other events.
- Act as a point of contact for regionally based inquiries.
- General office administration including stationary and consumables, maintenance of office and office equipment, filing, database management and upkeep.
- Represent the organisation at various community and/ or business meetings as requested from time to time.
- Other duties as required by the Regional Officer from time to time.
Required skills & attributes:
- Excellent communication skills including phone, verbal, written and interpersonal.
- Thorough geographic knowledge of regional Western Australia.
- Strong understanding of, and experience in audio recording, song production and arrangement.
- Strong understanding of releasing contemporary music products, including distribution and servicing to media (both physical and digital).
- Experiential knowledge of event management and risk assessment in public environments.
- Highly competent business systems and applications skills, including MS Office, and project management software (Asana).
- Experience in petty cash management and reconciliation.
- Very good organisational and administrative skills.
- Ability to use initiative to undertake investigative tasks and seek answers to problems that may arise.
- Well developed social media skills.
- Ability to work in an office situation with conflicting priorities and varying deadlines; both in a team environment and, from time to time, unsupervised.
- Very good understanding of the WA contemporary music scene and the issues therein.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a close-knit team passionate about supporting West Australian artists.
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
How to apply:
Please download and review the position description here.
To apply, email your CV and cover letter addressing the criteria within the position description to [email protected]. Applications close 5 pm 28 January 2019.
- You must make it quite clear how you meet the required skills and attributes; don’t make it too hard to for us to work out whether you are suitable or not.
- Please keep your cover letter to two pages, and submit with a CV of no more than two pages as well.
- WAM is an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applications from all genders, backgrounds, and ages.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please don’t hesitate to contact us.