DCA Grants Program changes you need to know are here!
The DCA Grants Program in 2016 has just been announced, with changes now allowing for individuals, groups and arts organisations to apply for different types of funding in five categories including Creative Development, Commercial Development, Community Engagement, Aboriginal Arts, and Scholarship and Fellowships.
How are the grants programs changing?
DCA is implementing a more flexible and responsive grants program which will provide more funding opportunities for individuals, groups and arts organisations. Applicants can apply for funding in five programs:
- Creative Development
- Commercial Development
- Community Engagement
- Aboriginal Arts
- Scholarship and Fellowships
With the exception of the Scholarship and Fellowships program, there will be two categories for each program:
– provides funding for projects and activities up to $15,000. Applications can be made at any time and a decision will be advised within four weeks.
– provides funding for projects and activities over $15,000. There will be one annual funding round for each program.
How do I apply for funding?
Applications for all programs can be submitted through DCA’s online grants, or as a hard copy application.
As part of the changes to the grants program, applicants can now choose what material they want to submit to best support their application, rather than submit an extensive list of mandatory documents. The grants handbook for each program outlines the eligibility, application and assessment process.
Creative Development Program
The Creative Development Grants Program supports the development and growth of sustainable, professional creative practice in Western Australia. Grants are available for a range of projects and activities intended to advance the creative, professional and skills development goals of emerging and established artists, creative industry professionals, arts workers, cultural workers, groups, businesses and organisations.
The Commercial Development Grants Program provides project funding to assist WA-based creative businesses to develop their commercial potential, increase business viability and extend market reach. Grants are available for a range of projects or activities undertaken with the objective of:
- increasing sales or business revenue
- building audiences
- accessing new markets or increasing market share
- promoting or strengthening business/brand profile; or
- developing strategic business or commercial significance.
The Community Engagement Grants Program provides funding for arts-based activities that promote the participation and active engagement of Western Australian communities in arts and culture. Grants are available for a range of activities that have a clearly defined arts outcome, while also delivering one of the following objectives:
- promoting or facilitating greater engagement of WA communities in the arts
- delivering artistic and social outcomes for the community through the arts
- providing opportunities for communities to create and share their stories
- encouraging communities to engage with and express their culture; and/or
- increasing the relevance and accessibility of arts and culture within communities.
The Aboriginal Arts Grants Program provides project funding to support the long-term growth and sustainability of Aboriginal arts and culture in Western Australia. Grants are available for a range of activities that will deliver on one or more of the following objectives:
- promoting or facilitating greater engagement of Aboriginal communities in the arts
- encouraging the expression of traditional and contemporary Aboriginal culture,
individuality, spirituality and empowerment through the arts
- encouraging the involvement of Aboriginal arts expertise, skills, knowledge and resources
- supporting long term skills development goals for Aboriginal artists, arts workers and communities
- supporting Aboriginal cultural maintenance
- delivering artistic and social outcomes for Aboriginal communities through the arts.
Scholarship and Fellowships Program
The Scholarship and Fellowships Program will bring all DCA fellowships together in a single program for assessment. Each program has its own handbook which provides information about the application process, including the eligibility requirements and assessment criteria.