Brand New Grant Announced – Create X
The Create X grant program offers up to $20,000 to artists, creative industry professionals and arts organisations to undertake collaborations and cultural exchange opportunities with Singapore, Malaysia or Indonesia.
Applicants to Create X must also organise a reciprocal residency in Western Australia for an artist, creative industry professional or arts organisation from Singapore, Malaysia or Indonesia.
Individuals, groups and organisations are welcome to apply however:
- individuals must have Australian citizenship or permanent resident status;
- groups including unincorporated bodies, partnerships and individuals informally collaborating on an activity must be based in Australia;
- organisations must either be registered under law (e.g. incorporated association, company limited by guarantee) or created by law (e.g. university, school or government statutory authority);
- WA educational institutions (kindergartens, primary and secondary schools, colleges and universities) cannot apply for curriculum-based arts activity. If you are in any doubt, contact us to discuss your activity;
- if you are applying on behalf of Aboriginal people you must provide evidence of significant Aboriginal involvement in the conception, development of and participation in the activity;
- although WA residency is not a requirement to apply for a grant, if you are applying from outside WA you will need to show the benefits to WA artists, creatives, arts or cultural workers in your application.
Find out more here.