ARIA annual wholesale figures released
ARIA have released their annual wholesale figures for the local recorded music industry. The figures show growth in both the streaming and vinyl sectors, both increasing by more than 100%. With new premium services being offered by Apple and Youtube, streaming revenue is set to continue rising in 2015.
Overview of findings:
- Subscription service income doubled to $23 million
- Vinyl album sales value up 127%
- Digital music products make up 59% of the total market at $187.7 million
- 16 Australian Singles and Albums soared to the top of the ARIA charts
- Australian artists deliver exceptional results with 18 of the top 100 singles and 36 of the top 100 albums – 4 singles and 3 albums feature in top 10 lists
- International Chart success for Sia, 5 Seconds of Summer & Iggy Azalea
The year ahead offers exciting musical offerings for fans with albums from locals Tame Impala, Ruby Boots, Ta-ku, Samantha Jade, Troye Sivan, Coin Banks and more to be expected.