WAM is seeking a suitably experienced and qualified Communications Officer.
The role of the Communications Officer is to position WAM and WAM’s projects, and by extension the WA contemporary music sector, in the best possible light. This should be achieved through an inherent understanding of how to best generate content and utilise all forms of media. The incumbent must be prepared to take a leadership role in how WAM is perceived, by whom and when. They must understand their role within WAM and WAM’s role in the WA and national music sectors.
- A tertiary qualification in Marketing and/or Communications. (Desirable.)
- Demonstrated ability to develop plans and manage campaigns and budgets.
- Understanding of how to utilise and exploit marketing assets, to meet internal and external stakeholder needs and expectations.
- A creative eye for content, design, layout and appeal of written and image/film content.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of: social media; WordPress, Mailchimp, Adobe Suite and other relevant media/applications; analytics functionality and metrics; Microsoft Office for Mac and the Mac operating environment.
- Capacity to understand all media, markets and audiences and how to maximise communications effectiveness within each of those
- Efficient and effective personal communication skills that can be applied to ensure strong internal and external outcomes and relationships.
- Self-motivated, focussed and disciplined to meet objectives and targets; with a preparedness to be responsible for achieving personal and organisational goals.
- Ability to work within a team and individually in order to meet organisational and project goals; including ability to multitask and manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Knowledge and broad understanding of the WA, Australian and international music sector, and trends and influences impacting on that.
- Sense of humility and humour. (Essential.)
Applications should be restricted to a cover letter (max three pages) addressing the Selection Criteria and current Resume (max four pages) and should be sent to [email protected] no later than 4pm Friday 16 February 2018.
Applications that do not address the selection Criteria will not be considered.
Find a full position description here
For more information please email [email protected] or ring 9227 2792.