Sign up to WAMplifier
WAM's FREE eNewsletter, amplifying WA music news & opportunities.
More about WAM:
WAM is looking for new interns/professional placement students or volunteers to assist in Marketing/Communications, with generally a weekly 6-hour stint being the minimum commitment for at least 3 months.
Ideally, we are looking for people studying or having completed a relevant course/degree in PR, Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Journalism or something similar, though people with a passion for music and excellent communications skills are also highly sought after.
Although not essential, if you are skilled in using Mailchimp, WordPress, Google Analytics, Excel, Social Media or Photoshop, please let us know as pre-existing skills will also mean we’ll both get more from the experience.
Upcoming events you might be working on include Song Of The Year, WAM Festival, WA Music Conference, Wheatbelt Touring Circuit, Sounds Of CD projects, State Of The Art, Music Industry Sundowner Series and more, and some of the tasks you might find yourself undertaking include:
– Writing press releases
– Website maintenance and development
– Creating eNewsletters/WAMplifier
– Social media usage and campaign strategizing
– Marketing campaign development for events and programs
– Working on campaigns to drive membership
– Assisting radio and compilations strategies
– Artist or industry interviews
– Communicating with a range of industry stakeholders
– Website redevelopment planning/research
– User, membership and industry research/surveying
– Graphic Design
– Program and event brainstorming
– Media monitoring
– Researching new marketing and communications strategies, programs etc
Please get in touch if you’re keen and available now – email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 08 9227 7962 and ask for Aarom Wilson.